We are a leading laser skin clinic, revolutionizing the concept of aesthetic dermatology. Our expert Dermatologists are rigorously trained to give real results for all your skin and hair concerns.
If you have been searching for ways to make your wrinkles disappear, you might have heard skin fillers mentioned. Also known as dermal or wrinkle fillers, these substances are popular for wrinkle filling because they are less expensive than a traditional facelift.
If you want to rejuvenate your skin without undergoing any aggressive surgical procedures, a dermal filler may be your best option. Dermal fillers are increasing in popularity because they are safer and less expensive than surgery. You can regain the youthful vitality of your skin after just one treatment, and the effects can last for months. Individual results will vary from person to person.
A dermal filler is an injectable solution that fills the soft tissue under the skin. You can choose a synthetic or natural filler, and you will need to select an absorbable or non-absorbable option as well. Each variation improves the appearance of aging, wrinkling and sagging skin. Dermal fillers are ideal for filling in Creases and lines, plumping up the lips and cheeks, and enhancing facial contours.
Juvederm comes in several unique formulas; each designed to meet a wide variety of patient needs. A variation in viscosity (thickness) will allow the specific filler to successfully treat fine lines, deep creases, or replenish facial volume.
- Juvederm Volift XC: As the ‘medium-duty’ member of the Juvederm family, Volift XC is perfect for deeper folds and mild improvements in facial volume.
- Juvederm Voluma XC: JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21. JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds). JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over the age of 21. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel is for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines in adults over the age of 21.
- Juvederm Volbella XC: These smoother fillers are designed to provide patients with natural-looking, subtle lip enhancement and anti-aging around the lips to smooth the vertical lip lines.
- Juvederm Volite is a type of dermal filler that improves the quality and hydration of the skin. It’s made of hyaluronic acid, injected into the skin to attract water, restore hydration, and improve texture, tone, and elasticity. Results last up to nine months with little to no downtime. A qualified provider can help you achieve smoother, more hydrated, radiant skin.
- Juvederm Volux is a type of dermal filler that is designed to add volume and contour to the chin and jawline area. It’s made of hyaluronic acid, injected into the skin to sculpt and enhance the profile. Results can last up to 18 months with little to no downtime. A qualified provider can help you achieve a more defined and youthful-looking facial profile.
Juvederm can effectively eliminate static wrinkles, providing excellent results when used on its own. When the filler is paired with Botox Cosmetic, used to treat dynamic wrinkles (caused by repetitive muscle movements), patients can see optimal facial rejuvenation. Ask your provider about the other noninvasive treatments available to compliment your Juvederm treatment.
The Juvederm Procedure
The Juvederm procedure will take less than half an hour to complete. Juvederm XC contains Lidocaine, an anesthetic, which keeps discomfort to a minimum. For added comfort, patients may request a topical numbing cream or local anesthetic. Once the consultation and anesthesia have been completed, the wrinkle-reducing filler will be applied with a very small needle, just above the underlying muscle and bone tissue.
Dermaglo uses several techniques to administer Juvederm, depending on the patient’s desired results. These include traditional injections, linear threading (a single thread placed under the skin fold), or serial punctures (a number of small deposits under the tissue). The injections themselves will take only a few minutes. Patients are then free to resume their normal activities.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulation?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years, the safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Volift XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in patients under 22 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area, JUVÉDERM® XC areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as the use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment.
What are possible side effects?
The most commonly reported side effects with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discolouration, and itching.